Monday, December 28, 2009

"WING" THAT FUELED MY YOUTH

Today I am riding high and fast on my gixxer (Kayoko) and settled career wise. But last week when I visited my parents house I realized many things, one of them was My love for my ride (The 1st vehicle that was bought on my Name).
Ever since I started working I had never rode it. Every time I used to regret not riding it after my vacation. What stopped me from riding it? Well, I always looked at it as a symbol of my love life during the engineering days. I was scared that it would remind me of a life that I dreamed off with that girl. But then one night I was smoking out of the toilet window and suddenly it felt like déjà vu, (7years back) third year engineering days. I remembered how I used to stand in the exact same place stare at the empty dark night and worry about my future. I realized at that point of time, I could have never imagined a life like this; I was and still am very damn pessimistic. I just stood there as if it was 2002 and I had an exam tomorrow started thinking of all the things I have memorized, I could even feel the pressure of the exams. Then I realized one more thing that was the time when I had got my Wings my Dio and it was the 1st exams after we had got her. We did not have to worry about catching a bus to the college we could leave late and mug up a bit more.
It was as if my whole déjà vu focus shifted from the exams and my life to the forgotten savior (Wings that got me FLYING). To cut a long story short very few of those memories were related to my ex-girlfriend. A lot of it was just me and her. During Engineering days we (Bijin and I) used to share it 3 days in a week he used to take it 3 days in a week it would be with me. The one day that was left we both used to roam around together. We used to fill in petrol for Rs.10 every day (if not less). I have abused it every possible way. I even took it to Pune, where I was doing my PGDACM. I was one those very few ones who used to travel on an automatic scooter in my college. But that time it was my pride never was I ashamed of it. It was (I feel it still is) the coolest looking scooters. Red on the main body frame with flashes of silver on the sides (front) and a small silver racing stripe at the back.
It struck me; I have been such a fool. Throughout the night I kept thinking about the good old times when I just started my Dio and just flew away into my own world. Only she could give me that feeling that I am lost peacefully, because as long as Dio is there with me I always had the option to get back to reality. She made me dream of a better world and a better life (more of an assurance). She was my confidant. But why did we fall apart, I have no answers. I still love her (is one of the reasons I will never sell her).
So to get the answers, to fall in love again, to let the wind touch my face, to feel freedom through her wings and to get lost, I picked up the keys and spread her wings once again.

No comments: